How to share internet from phone
Is there more serious work to be done than visiting pages on social networks or getting to know the news? Then you need a personal computer or laptop with Internet access. No fixed network? In this case, use your smartphone as a modem. To solve this problem, a phone with 3G or LTE is suitable. It remains only to connect a PC to it via Bluetooth, USB or Wi‑Fi module. Let us dwell in more detail on how to distribute the Internet from the phone. By the way, by implementing this procedure, you can use mobile proxies while working on your computer, which will provide access to any resources without any restrictions.
Options for distributing Internet from a phone
A prerequisite for using the phone as a modem – the presence of a phone connection to the mobile Internet and a stable signal. Is there such a thing? Then go to the settings section on your smartphone and select the "Access Point" / "Tethering Mode" / "Connection and Sharing" section. Name options will differ in gadgets of different brands and generations. Now in detail about how to distribute the Internet from your phone in different ways. There are 3 options:
- use Wi‑Fi module;
- using a USB cable;
- via Bluetooth tethering.
Internet distribution via Wi‑Fi module
In the "Access Point" section, on the smartphone, select the option "Wi-Fi modem" / "Wireless modem". After activating it, the phone will generate a separate network for distributing the Internet. Next, you should go to the settings section and enter the name of the new network and password to access it.
Now go to PC. We go to the Internet connections section (lower right corner of the screen). In the drop-down list of connections, select the network that you just created on your smartphone. Once the connection is through, you can get to work. After the session is over, just turn off the "Access Point" on the phone. In order not to reconnect to your network the next time you log in, check the box in the "Connect automatically" box.
This is a general recommendation for setting up a mobile Wi-Fi hotspot. But when working with smartphones based on different operating systems, there are some nuances:
On smartphones running on the Android operating network, Internet distribution is configured through the "Modem mode" settings. The algorithm of actions in this case is the following:
- Go to phone settings.
- Open the "Wireless Networks" option, click "More" here.
- Go to the "Modem mode" function.
- Among the proposed options, select the line "Wi-Fi access point"
- Move the slider to the "On" position.
If you are setting up for the first time, then here you must specify the name of the network with which you are going to work, the password that will be used to log into the system. You also need to specify the number of users allowed to connect. If you do not plan to provide access to the Internet to certain persons, then this point should also be indicated when performing the settings. Some smartphone models allow any user to connect, without any restrictions.
A user of personal gadgets on the iOS operating system is recommended to perform the following steps:
- Opening the settings menu.
- Go to the "Tethering mode" option.
- From the available options, select "To connect via Wi-Fi".
- If required, you can change your password at this point.
- Activate the option by moving the slider to the appropriate position.
Changes have been made and you can proceed to testing.
To Windows background
Hotspot access must be configured on Windows Phone smartphones. You can still meet such a solution even today on Nokia, Microsoft lumia, HTC TITAN, Hp Elite. In this case, the settings are made in the following sequence:
- Go to the "Settings" menu.
- Select the "Internet Sharing" option here.
- Tick the line "Wi-Fi".
- Specify the name of the network to work with and the password for it.
- Press "Activate".
A couple of minutes and the work is completed. You can use mobile Internet on a personal computer, laptop.
Connecting the Internet to a PC via a USB cable
Now about how to distribute the Internet from your phone via a USB cable. We connect the smartphone to the PC through the cord. In the phone settings, select the "USB modem" option. Everything, you can use the Internet on your computer. Please note: if you connect from iPhone to macOS, you must first the latest version of iTunes must be installed (except – macOS Catalina, program is not needed here). After completion of work, disable the "USB modem" option. and unplug the cord.
One of the most significant advantages of connecting the Internet to a personal computer or laptop via a USB cable – automatic smartphone charging in the workflow. This means that the connection to the network will always be stable and will not be interrupted when the phone simply runs out of power. And also – you will always be in touch. And the connection speed with this connection method is not distorted, that is, it remains the same as your mobile Internet gives out.
Using a Bluetooth modem
To distribute the Internet from your phone, you can use a module such as Bluetooth. In this case, again, go to the phone settings and select the "Bluetooth modem" option in the section. Open the device settings and specify the name of the phone to which you plan to connect. Next, the connection search function will be automatically launched.
Such actions must be repeated on the device that you plan to connect. In the "Bluetooth" section also start the search. Allow connection with your smartphone. After completing the work, simply turn off the bluetooth on both devices.
This method of distributing mobile Internet has both advantages and disadvantages. So, the main advantage – fast and easy connection. Even a child can cope with this task in just a couple of minutes.
But there are a number of points that can be attributed to disadvantages:
- A connection can only be made for a single user. That is, we are not talking about any group connection.
- Your phone, laptop or netbook must have Bluetooth enabled.
- The data transfer speed via Bluetooth will be slower than when connected via a Wi-Fi module or USB cable.
You also need to understand that such work will require more energy resources from the smartphone, which means it will be discharged much faster.
What problems and limitations can be encountered when distributing the Internet from a smartphone
Stability, efficiency, and in some cases the very possibility of distributing the Internet from a smartphone depends both on the device itself and on your cellular network. So, let's consider possible restrictions on the example of the most popular operators in Russia:
- Beeline. If you have an unlimited tariff connected, data transfer will be blocked automatically. To ensure data transfer, you will have to additionally connect a paid service.
- MTS. The setting is performed in the user's personal account using the "Share Internet" function. But you need to understand that the distribution of the Internet on a PC, a laptop is prohibited by this operator. You can distribute only to other smartphones.
- Tele2. One of the most loyal mobile networks. To transfer data in this case, you need to set the appropriate permission on the phone. Internet transfer is allowed only in the amount up to 30 GB and ONLY to other users of this cellular network. But they will be able to use them for 30 days.
- Yota. This network provides 2 options for distributing the Internet: free and paid. In the first case, a connection speed limit of 128 kB is provided. In the second, there are no restrictions at all.
Also, when distributing the Internet, errors associated with external factors are not excluded. So, the work will be stopped if the mobile Internet is lost. In this case, you must try to reconnect, and if it does not work out, you will have to wait until the malfunctions are eliminated by the operator himself. If the operation fails in the functioning of the operating system, then it is necessary to update the system, reboot it. If the first two options have been checked and there are no results, you should make sure that the Wi-Fi receiver on your PC or laptop is working. In this case, you can connect some other device and make sure that it goes online.
Another moment that can cause a failure in the transmission of the Internet – the presence of an active antivirus or other software that does not allow network sharing. In this case, it must be disabled. But you need to understand that such actions will remove the corresponding protection.
A little about mobile proxies
Now that you know the ways, let's take a closer look at the network benefits you can get from using mobile proxies. With them you get:
- unlimited Internet access: use any resources, including those blocked for your region;
- no ban from search engines and services;
- the ability to register a huge number of accounts;
- higher interaction speed;
- complete anonymity and a high level of security on the Internet.
Mobile proxy functionality, prices, service packages can be found in detail here https://mobileproxy.space/user.html?buyproxy . For quite reasonable money, you get from the MobileProxySpace service a personal channel for working on the network with unlimited traffic and access to a huge pool of IP addresses. Experience all the benefits of using mobile proxies personally.