TOP-10 reasons to use data parsing
Today, in the field of Internet marketing, a huge number of different tools and technologies are used, designed to ensure more efficient work of specialists, to minimize their time and effort spent on everyday, routine tasks. And one of the most effective and widespread solutions here — this is data parsing. It can rightfully be called one of the most powerful tools in modern online marketing. Today, there are huge amounts of data online that businesses can use for their own purposes. As an option, in order to form a portrait of your target audience, develop a strategy for subsequent development, etc. But it is not possible to collect all this information manually. It requires a lot of time and physical effort. As a result, it may turn out that by the time you collect all the necessary indicators, they will no longer be relevant.
To prevent this from happening, automatic data parsing is used. Specialized applications independently collect all data and structure it. You will only need to correctly perform the basic settings, start the entire process, and then all that remains is to do the final analysis and turn the information received into an endless stream of business ideas. And data parsing can be an excellent option for building your own business and earning a stable income. What direction you will choose for this, how you will use the information received — this is an individual matter. But there are more than enough solutions here. Now let’s look in more detail at the 10 most promising ways to build your own business using website parsing. We'll show you how to do this work using several examples. We will also provide information that will allow you to work with data parsing without risks and other restrictions.
How to use parsing: TOP 10 best solutions
There are actually quite a lot of options for how you will use website scraping in practice. But now we will highlight 10 key aspects, those that can be safely called promising and in demand today:
- Selling the information received. Almost every developing business needs the most voluminous and detailed information in the niche in which it operates. And not everyone is ready to allocate their own specialists to collect data, distracting them from solving everyday problems. Today, many companies resort to the services of individual organizations, freelancers, who specialize in collecting information specifically for their needs. Thanks to this, they receive, in the shortest possible time, the data they need for subsequent business development with minimal waste of time and effort. This means that if you personally manage to collect a list of high-quality leads for the specifics of a particular company’s activities, then you can make very good money from this. Many business representatives will pay you good money for such information. Information about the preferences of the target audience, the current price of products, as well as its fluctuations depending on the season or other aspects, a direct review of products, ratings, competitors’ new products, etc. can be used as data for collection. You can read more about this here.
- Service for comparing prices and product characteristics. How often have you, as an Internet user, had to deal with lengthy selections of the optimal product for yourself? At this stage, you have to monitor a huge number of sites in order to find which sites offer for sale the products that interest you at a given time. Next, it was necessary to collect prices for it. And if you hesitated between different modifications, then it was also necessary to carry out a thorough comparison of the main characteristics. And you must admit how convenient it would be if there was a resource that offered the audience a selection of similar products with prices and a comparison of technical characteristics. Using data parsing, you can create such a resource yourself. At the same time, you can certainly be sure that it will be in high demand among the audience.
- Creating a notification service. Another business idea that is quite popular today, which in principle anyone can use. The only thing that needs to be provided in this case is to gain access to the data that will form the basis of the entire service. That is, next you will have to configure the collection of the necessary data and build it into your structure. Alternatively, this could be the most basic investment offer or resources that will automatically send client notifications about special offers as soon as the share size reaches a pre-specified parameter. Another option — create a service that will automatically notify the user audience as the prices of their chosen products decrease on any of the e-commerce sites. Such services are in high demand among many buyers due to the fact that they allow them to quickly and easily find the goods they need, and even at the most favorable, attractive prices. And such an audience will not be stopped even by the fact that you, as the owner of this resource, will charge them a fee for using the service.
- Service for collecting sports information. There are quite a lot of people today who are interested in sports. Among them there are those who make money in this area by betting on sports, participating in certain offers from bookmakers. That is, in order to get this audience as your clients, you need to create a resource that will be filled with information collected from the latest magazines and games, sites offering acquaintance with players. Also offer your audience current match histories, data from sports agencies — and you will get an audience that will become your regular customers, and for a long time. And the most remarkable thing here is that this niche today has a very low level of competition. This is due to the fact that the amount of information presented in this area is unrealistically broad. And they may be required by different companies or individuals for different purposes. Bookmakers will use this information to determine betting odds, and people who are interested in sports — in order to find out current matches, forecasts for them, etc.
- Portal for car owners, as well as those who plan to buy or sell cars. It will collect data from various sources, including official websites of automobile brands, resources of car dealers, various automobile forums and other portals dedicated to this topic. The information that will be presented on such a resource should help a person navigate what brands and models the modern market offers, as well as at what prices, the presence of additional discounts on them, etc. That is, a person who plans to buy a car will be able Explore new and used models within your allocated budget. But those who, on the contrary, would like to sell it, will be able to see how high the supply and demand for a certain brand and model are, get acquainted with the prices, thereby correctly forming their own lot.
- Job aggregators. Here the principle of operation is quite similar to services that offer comparisons of prices and characteristics for certain products. That is, all advertisements related to vacancies are collected on one resource. When a person visits it, he can easily sort out those offers that interest him specifically. Thanks to this, he saves himself from long and boring searches. The service will also automatically structure the collected data, making it easier to understand. That is, this aggregator — this is what will allow people who are looking for work to quickly and easily find the best offer for themselves. Yes, there are already quite large companies in this niche and it will not always be easy and simple to get around them. But that is not your task. You will need to reach your own audience. And this can be done if you manage to take into account the specifics of this niche in detail and stand out in it.
- News sites. Modern people have long ago abandoned newspapers and other printed publications. They prefer to find the information they need on the Internet. Among other things, this also applies to news. Agree, how much more convenient it would be to find all the latest information on one resource, rather than jumping from site to site, in order to get the most visual and comprehensive picture of what is happening in the world at a given moment in time. This means that the demand for such resources will be quite high. All you need to implement this idea is to set up automatic parsing of pages from different news resources, provide for its structuring and division into separate categories. That is, you will get a website on which the latest information will be constantly and automatically collected, which will be in constant demand among the audience. And it will be possible to rewrite it, obtaining unique content that can be sold to the same news resources, only to others.
- Services offering a selection of information in the real estate industry. This is one of those solutions that will be quite easy and simple to implement in practice. Using parsing, you can create on one resource a selection of information about the objects themselves, the agents who represent them, the current cost, and location. It would also be useful to add here the profile of the sellers and some individual characteristics. Having thought through the filter system to the smallest detail, you will create a resource that will be truly convenient and useful for every person who is looking for residential or commercial real estate. Also, do not forget to add automatic structuring here so that people receive the information they need in the most convenient format.
- Some kind of analogue of a search engine. All search engines, regardless of their type and specificity, work approximately the same. They scan millions of sites that are publicly available today, providing users with information that will match the query they enter. Using the same principle, you can set up your own search engine, only with a narrower focus. That is, you need to choose one specific niche for yourself and subsequently work in it. That is, a person who is looking for specific industry information will immediately go to your resource, saving his own time and effort. Moreover, many specialists are willing to pay for the use of such a resource, namely for reliable, up-to-date information.
- Tracking SEO indicators, advertising effectiveness, strategies for subsequent business development. You don't know whether this or that product is worth launching on the market? Not sure that it will be in high demand among the audience? Don’t know which modification from all that is on the market today to choose for promotion? Don't know which audience to target with your advertising campaign? Want to see how it works and what results it gives? Do you want to collect a semantic core for subsequent optimization of the resource in order to bring it to the top of search results? All these issues are solved by parsing search results. You can perform this work either independently to promote your own business, or to order. As practice shows, this solution is also in consistently high demand among the audience.
And now that you know in what directions data parsing can be used and what benefits it can bring to you, as well as to your clients, it’s time to move on to a more detailed acquaintance. Now let's take a closer look at how to extract data from websites. The information presented will help novice specialists complete this work as quickly and professionally as possible.
Practical recommendations for data parsing
Now we will use examples to show how the procedure for extracting data from a website occurs. In particular, we will look at 5 different ways to use scraping in practice that will help you perform a comprehensive competitor analysis. We would like to draw your attention to the fact that these works will be performed through the application Netpeak Spider, as one of the most convenient and effective solutions that the modern market offers.
So, let's tell you how to do it:
- Parsing prices from competitor sites.
- Analysis of content on competitor sites with the highest engagement rates.
- Parsing search results.
- Collection and analysis of SEO strategies that competitors use in practice.
- Collecting feedback about competitors.
We will consider all these points in more detail.
We parse prices from competitor sites
This work is aimed at enabling you to get a clear picture of the prices that your competitors set for this or that. This is one of the most important tasks that every Internet marketer or SEO specialist working in the field of e-commerce faces. The data obtained will be useful for building your own business strategy and setting competitive prices for products. They will help you not to miss out on material benefits.
The procedure for extracting information about prices from competitors’ websites can be divided into two separate parts. Initially, you need to find the element that will be used for parsing. Second stage — this is direct data extraction. That is, here you can limit yourself to either one particular product or an entire category, with a list of pages that meet your requirements.
The data extraction process itself is performed in the following sequence:
- Open the page with the selected product and find in it the element that is directly responsible for the price.
- Select the selected element and right-click on it. In the menu that opens, select the “Examine Code” option.
- After this, the line of code will become highlighted. You right-click on it and then select the “Copy” function, and then “Copy XPath”. Launch the Netpeak Spider program. Go to the “Settings” tab, and in it select the “Parsing” option.
- In the parsing settings, activate the function “Parsing HTML data”. We mark the XPath search mode, and in the “Search area” block select “Internal text”. The XPath that you receive from the site you are analyzing is simply added to the search bar. Click OK to save the changes.
- In the address bar, indicate the site URL and click on the “Start” button. to start the scanning process. When it is completed, you need to find the “Reports” tab in the sidebar, go into it and select the “Parsing” option.
- Pay attention to the menu where an indicator of pages with the data you were looking for is displayed. Next, click on the “Show selected” button. A window with a report will open in front of you. All you have to do is download the received data by clicking on the “Export” button.
Following these instructions, you can also extract any other data that is directly related to the range of products, the presence of certain special conditions for customers and obtaining information about other features of products that both you and your competitors supply to the market . The information obtained can be used by you not only to perform a comparative analysis of prices, but also to create the so-called product fid as correctly as possible, which will be required when launching contextual advertising.
Despite the apparent complexity and length of the data collection process, in fact this entire process takes just a few minutes, saving you from lengthy and routine work.
Analyze competitors' content
It's about collecting content information that gives the highest possible engagement rates. This is very important, because if you work in a highly competitive niche, it will be extremely difficult to create such material that would not only be as useful as possible for your audience, but also correspond to the market trends that are currently observed in your niche. That is, you cannot do without a thorough analysis of your competitors’ actions. You must clearly understand which publications are in greatest demand among the audience at a given time, and which, on the contrary, should be avoided.
If you use parsing, you will be able to quickly get a clear picture and highlight certain patterns in it that you will need in the future when creating high-quality and effective content. If competitors' websites have a hidden counter for views, reposts, likes or comments, then your work should be performed in the following sequence:
- Open your competitor’s publication. It doesn't really matter which page you choose. The main thing here is to find the meters themselves and select the indicator that interests you at a given time.
- Use your mouse to select the numerical indicator you are interested in and click on the right mouse button. In the drop-down menu, select the “Examine Code” item.
- Find the parameter we need, and then click on the “Copy” button, followed by “Copy XPath element”.
- Now we launch the Netpeak Spider program and perform all subsequent actions as we described above. We save the received data to our device for later use.
We parse search results
Work data — This is a solution for those who would like to automatically collect data from sites that are at the top of search results for a particular request. We are talking about addresses, meta tags placed on pages, etc.
This work is performed in the following sequence:
- Launch the main page of the Google search engine and enter in the search bar the query that you plan to work with at a given time. Select the “Settings” option in the top horizontal menu by right-clicking on it. From the drop-down menu, select the “Search settings” command.
- Here we set the total number of search results that you would like to receive on the page. This can be any number in the range from 10 to 100. After this, copy the address of the page itself after the settings have been made.
- Launch the Netpeak Spider program and go to its main menu. Here, in the top horizontal line, select the “List of URLs” tab, and in it the “Enter manually” option. After this, a window will open in front of you, where you need to paste the address copied earlier. We would like to draw your attention to the fact that at this stage you can immediately enter the URL addresses of several pages of search results, while simultaneously setting up for all those queries that interest you at a given time.
- Go to the “Settings” menu Netpeak Spider program, and in it select the “Parsing” option. Activate it and give the protocol appropriate names. In this case we are talking about Title, Description and URL. For each stream, select the “Xpath” search mode. Set the search area to “Internal text.”
- In the search bar, you need to specify code elements for each of the parameters that you are parsing. In particular, if this is Title, then enter
- In the “Advanced” tab We uncheck absolutely all parameters and save the settings made. Next, go to the side panel and find the “Options” tab in it. We disable all the settings that are there by default, with the exception of those related to the “Parsing” block. Click on the “Start” button to start the scanning process.
- When the scanning process is completed, you will see a results table with several columns corresponding to the parsing streams you specified. The numbers that will be presented here — this is the number of detected values. To view the results for each type of data you specified in more detail, go to the column you are interested in and double-click on the numerical indicator with the left mouse button. This will open a table with additional parameters.
- To quickly switch between results you need to go to the “Report” option. and select the option that suits you from the drop-down list.
- The last thing you need to do at this stage — So this is to upload the results by clicking on the “Export” button. The report should be saved as a table, which will be more convenient for you in subsequent work.
Collection and analysis of SEO strategies of competitors
Everyone who works on promoting online resources has probably wondered why some sites can be called successful, others — No. And it’s especially sad when you consider the resources of your direct competitors to be successful. Here the question arises: what technologies and optimization techniques did they use to achieve this result? In this case, we are talking about the use of certain micro-markup elements, including those with expanded snippets, the presence of media content on pages, and certain metadata. Using parsing, you can find answers to all these questions as quickly and easily as possible. Next, all that remains is to simply analyze the information received and use the successful experience of competitors on your website. The Netpeak Spider application is also suitable for solving these problems.
Now we’ll tell you how to parse micro markup and multimedia content:
- Parsing microdata will allow you to determine which Schema elements your competitors are using. To do this, go to the “Settings” tab, and in it select the “Parsing” option. Here we activate the “Parsing HTML data” option. In the "Contains" search mode check “Text only”. If you are looking for a specific element, then you need to enter the command itemprop = "name" in the search bar, substituting the name of the element you need instead of the word name. If you are faced with the task of collecting all the micro markup, then it would be useful to additionally check the correctness of entering the code for the entire site or section. To do this, use the “XPath” search mode, setting in it the area for performing work “The entire HTML element”. All you have to do is paste the code
- Parsing multimedia content. Such work must be performed if you are determined to find out whether your competitors’ website has videos or audio add-ons and their type. In this case, you also need to go to the “Settings” menu and select the “Parsing” option in it. Next, again activate the “Parsing HTML data” option, select the “Contains” search mode, and in it the area &mdash "All source code". Next, enter the code itself and start the parsing process. As a result, you receive a report with a list of pages on which the program found the media content element you mentioned.
Collecting feedback about competitors
Every business that is truly committed to developing and satisfying the needs of its consumer audience should focus not only on what products it supplies to the market, but also on the level of customer satisfaction in general. So, if you parse reviews from customers that they left after working with your competitors, you will be able to identify the strengths in service, as well as those points that should be excluded so as not to run into negativity.
In order to automatically collect the necessary information, you need to perform the following steps:
- Go to the “Settings” tab, selecting the “Parsing” option. Now activate “Parsing HTML data.”
- The next step is to create two search threads: one to collect positive information, and the second — negative. Accordingly, it will be “Like” and "Dislike".
- Now select the “RegExp” search mode, set the area — "All source code". We use a regular expression for the first stream and save the changes.
- Add review page URLs manually to the list. We download the results obtained and save them for ourselves.
Regardless of how exactly you plan to use site parsing, obtain information for yourself, or turn the collection of information into stable income, you must understand that working in multi-threaded mode and using services that automate your actions, unfortunately, is not possible. it will work out. The fact is that the system easily identifies such work and imposes certain sanctions for them, up to and including a permanent ban. And this is despite the fact that the parsing process itself does not violate any copyrights. The fact is that information is collected exclusively from resources that are freely available. But still, if you decide to analyze competitors, monitor prices from price aggregators, marketplaces, analyze contextual advertising keywords, test the accessibility and speed of sites, collect arrays of data from the network and perform other multi-threaded work related to parsing, you need to additionally use mobile proxies.
We are talking about a special intermediary service that will replace your real user parameters with its own, thereby ensuring the replacement of the IP address and geolocation. For the system, your work will look as if a large number of people are performing the same type of actions from their mobile devices. That is, the use of mobile proxies – This is a completely legal way to bypass most of the restrictions associated with data parsing. With their help, you are provided with access to resources from any country and region of the world, which will allow you to get the most clear and reliable picture of the market segment in which you operate at a given time.
The only nuance that needs to be taken into account here is the use of intermediary servers exclusively from reliable and time-tested suppliers. So that you don’t have to search for the most suitable solution for yourself, we recommend that you pay attention to mobile proxies from the MobileProxy.Space service. In this case, you get a personal dedicated channel with unlimited traffic, as well as access to a huge pool of IP-addresses and different geolocations from all sorts of countries and regions of the world. Follow the link https://mobileproxy.space/en/user.html?buyproxy to learn more about the features and functionality proxy data. You also have the opportunity to take advantage of a completely free two-hour test to make sure that you have found the best solution for yourself. We would also like to draw your attention to the current tariffs, namely that they directly depend on the period of time for which you buy them: the more There will be this period, the cheaper one day of use will cost you.