Video Marketing Best Practices: Taming YouTube's Algorithms
Recently, the Google search engine has made a number of changes to the algorithms of its work, which has affected video marketing in general. This includes deleting pages with tags, as well as tools for suggesting keywords in video hosting, canceling video snippets, etc. What should people do now who used YouTube to promote your own products and services? On what principles should tactics for the promotion of video content be based today? Consider the main points that marketers working with this site must be aware of. Let's tell you what YouTube video ranking factors are relevant today. We will offer you to get acquainted with the five most effective and efficient tools that will help you promote your channel in this video hosting to the TOP of the results. We will show you how to organize work with YouTube without any restrictions thanks to the additional use of mobile proxies.
What changes have occurred in Google technologies in relation to video marketing
The removal of video snippets from the search results had an extremely negative impact on small companies that were trying to make at least visible competition to YouTube. Such a move by the monopolist was quite to be expected: competitors, who already had practically no chance to compete with large video hosting, finally dropped out of the race for places in search results. This means that YouTube receives almost all the money that is allocated for video advertising.
But it's still hard to figure out whether removing video snippets is a good thing or a bad thing? The fact is that this topic has been quite seriously speculated before. In particular, they were very easy to spam. In addition, such a gesture of the search engine can even be called a manifestation of support for mobile search: today, video snippets here have not yet received such mass distribution as in the desktop. But whatever the idea of Google, the result turned out to be the following: all those funds for advertising that previously had to be more or less distributed between different video hosting sites are now concentrated on YouTube as much as possible. This is the only way a marketer can maximize the share and effectiveness of the launched material in Google search results.
This is a kind of recommendation for anyone who plans to use video content to promote their own business. But, along with this, there is serious competition within the same site. How to be more effective than your opponents and get to the top of the search results? The answer is rather banal— use only high-quality video content. It is with its help that you can easily be at the top of the search results for highly competitive queries. So, if you specialize in Internet business, you should not only create sales videos for each of your topics, but also make them so that they would effectively stand out from your competitors. And it’s not worth sinning here on the site itself and its algorithms: your video should already be self-sufficient in itself.
It is important to understand that even the highest quality and informative content will work effectively to promote your business. According to statistics, on average, only about 1% of people who see the video will go to the resource through it. You don’t really have to rely on semantics when working with this video hosting. Now YouTube is stripped of keyword suggestion tools and tag pages. Surely you have already received the relevant mailing list. But now, none of the dubious personalities will be able to copy tags from top videos into their products, depriving this or that content of the opportunity to honestly pass the ranking.
How are YouTube videos ranked today?
Those who specialize in the promotion of video content have to take into account a huge number of factors influencing the promotion of a particular video in their work. Of the most important aspects to consider:
- the presence of keywords in the titles, as well as in the description of the video: outgoing links, description, annotation, transcripts should be present here;
- audience retention time: we are talking about both absolute and relative retention of the audience;
- correct selection of semantics, optimal video length;
- The number of people who subscribed to the channel after watching a particular video, as well as the comments they left, likes and dislikes, their ratio, adding to the playlist.
The description of the channels leading to external links to it, the frequency with which new videos are posted, the age of the channel, the number of people who visit it regularly, as well as replenishment with new subscribers and much more will also have a significant impact.
Now let's take a closer look at the recommendations, using which you can push your channel to the top of the search results with minimal time and effort.
Effective tools for YouTube channel promotion
If you want your YouTube channel to be at the top of the search results even after the significant restrictions introduced by the Google search engine, use the following recommendations from experts:
- Think over the description of the channel to the smallest detail. You must understand that neither the video hosting system itself nor the Google search engine view your videos. That is why the data from its description is used to evaluate the content itself. That is, the more professional and expanded it is, the better the system will be able to navigate your product and be able to move it to the top of the search results. As practice shows, a significant influence on the increase in the position of a particular channel in the ranking is exerted by high-frequency key queries that go in conjunction with long low-frequency ones. To describe a video on YouTube, it is quite possible to prepare a full-fledged post consisting of at least 1500 characters. This way you can present your video content in the most favorable light.
- Choose your keywords carefully, both for the title and for the writing. This moment is also evaluated in the work of the search engine and Google, in particular. But this moment already affects directly the users. People select videos for themselves on the same principle as text content: they simply write down their request. In order not to make a mistake here, it would be useful to check the presence of snippets with video content at the top of the search results for key queries. If it turns out that this is present, you should not ignore this aspect and move gradually to the top of the SERP.
- Involve specialized groups in social networks. You can significantly increase the number of views thanks to this action. And here it should be understood that the number of views, their quality, and even where the users came from has a direct impact on the ranking on video hosting. If you have a personal page in some social network, you can safely use it to distribute links to your video content. And here is an important point: the more profiles you work with, the more impressive the result will be. If there is no such page, then it must be created.
- Facilitate this so that people who watch your videos subscribe to the channel. Also encourage them to share. The fact is that today YouTube video hosting algorithms do not include backlinks in principle. And this means that the ranking of a particular channel directly depends on the actions of your target audience. The system primarily reacts to such moments as shares and subscriptions left after watching the video. And the most interesting thing is that the number of likes left here does not have such a significant weight as in the same social networks, although the algorithms still take them into account. That is, literally in every video you have to ask your users to subscribe to the channel. Just do it as correctly as possible, beautifully without excessive pressure.
- Create playlists in the most narrow topic. It is optimal to make sure that all the titles of your videos that are linked to the same playlist are sharpened for the same type of keywords.
Adhering to these simple guidelines, you are guaranteed to bring your channels to the top of the search results, regardless of the changed Google algorithms. But, the result of the measures taken will not be instantaneous. And you also have the opportunity to significantly increase the effectiveness of the measures taken to promote your channels on YouTube video hosting. In particular, we are talking about additionally connecting mobile proxies to work and using them to simultaneously promote different pages, as well as build up external link mass through a large number of your own profiles on social networks without fear of getting banned.
Choosing the best mobile proxies to improve your YouTube video marketing
Mobile proxies — a modern, high-tech tool that will replace your IP-address and geolocation with its own technical parameters, thereby ensuring confidentiality of work, reliable protection against any unauthorized access, including hacker attacks. Also, with their help, you can work in multi-threaded mode, including with social networks, without fear of getting blocked, or even banned.
We want to warn you right away about all the risks associated with using free mobile proxies. At first glance, such an offer seems to be very profitable, since you get anonymity and security of online activities completely free of charge. But, alas, this opinion is wrong. And the reason here is the low reliability and efficiency of free servers. In this case, it is difficult to talk about the reliability and security of working on the Internet. In addition, several people will use such servers at the same time, which will also negatively affect the connection speed. In addition, many addresses of free services have already been blacklisted by systems. This means that your attempt to enter from them will be immediately noticed and blocked. All of these will minimize your YouTube video marketing efforts.
Private mobile proxies from the MobileProxy.Space service will be a more reliable, technologically advanced and easy-to-use solution. In this case, each client is provided with a personal dedicated channel with unlimited traffic, as well as access to more than a million real IP-addresses — those that mobile network operators use in their work. But you can set up an automatic or forced change of such IPs, you will change geolocation directly in the workflow to effectively bypass regional blocking. At the same time, your work will be securely protected by advanced HTTP(S) and Socks5 connection protocols.
To learn more about the features and functionality of mobile proxies from the MobileProxy.Space service, as well as current tariffs for any period of use (from 1 day to one year), follow the link https://mobileproxy.space/user.html?buyproxy. You can also take advantage of a free two-hour test to make sure of its high efficiency and ease of use even before buying a product. Do you have any questions? Ask them to technical support specialists. We also recommend that you pay attention to the block FAQ, which contains the most common questions and answers to them.