Google Ads in online advertising: getting to know the possibilities
To successfully promote your business on the Internet, it is very important to have a number of reliable tools at your disposal. Those that automate part of the processes will increase their efficiency, and at the same time the convenience of work. And one of these solutions — This is Mr Google Ads. With its help, advertisers can not only easily and quickly place ads, but also attract the target audience, find new clients for their business and ensure its comprehensive development.
We have already raised the topic of working with this tool. In particular, here you can read, How to provide advanced conversion tracking using this tool. But now let’s get acquainted in more detail with the types of advertising campaigns that can be launched using Google Ads, with the features of its work. We will highlight the key advantages of the tool, and also tell you how to evaluate the effectiveness of the campaign you launched. We pay little attention to ensuring the security and confidentiality of your online work.
Types of advertising campaigns from Google Ads
Google Ads — is an advertising service with which you can publish advertisements for certain categories of goods or services in Google browser search results, also in mobile applications, on partner sites, etc. Today, this product is recognized as one of the best tools in the Internet marketing. With its help, millions of users see running advertisements every day. According to the latest statistics, in practice it is used by about 250 million business representatives.
Today, this service provides over 20 types of advertising campaigns, which you can take as a basis and build into your advertising strategy. Now we will look at 5 of them, the most effective and widely used today:
- Search campaigns, they are also search campaigns. A search campaign launched on the search network — This is the Google Ads solution that is used by almost every business today. In this case, we are talking about the fact that the ad will be displayed in Google search results simultaneously with the results for key queries left by network users. It is very important to choose the right key queries in order to attract your target audience to the site. The advertiser himself selects the appropriate key queries and enters them in the system when launching the campaign. The advantage of such a solution is that it is aimed at people who are really interested in the goods or services that your business provides. This means that the conversion for them will be higher.
- Video campaigns, respectively, video campaigns. Already from the name you can judge that in this case the working tool will be video content. Most often, such a solution is posted on YouTube video hosting, as well as in mobile applications and on partner sites. Recently, such video campaigns can be seen more and more often on TikTok because this social network is actively developing today, which makes it an excellent solution for launching an advertising campaign. The advertiser himself chooses where exactly the video will be shown, as well as whether it will be shown based on interests, key queries, and demographic characteristics. For more information on what video advertising formats you can use in your work, you can read here.
- Display campaigns, that is, media campaigns. In this case, we are talking about an advertising campaign that will be placed outside of Google search results. That is, it is focused on impressions in mobile applications, on partner sites, etc. The attention of the target audience in this case is attracted through text ads, advertising banners and other types of advertising. That is, when the user browses other sites or the application, your advertisement will be displayed to him. Such a solution will be convenient when you need to increase brand visibility and recognition. To improve the effectiveness of such a solution, you need to launch advertising on sites visited by your target audience. That is, it is important that the topic is close enough.
- Shopping campaigns, which means a product campaign. This campaign is initially focused on promoting certain products or their catalogs in the search results of Google, Google Shopping and a number of other partner resources. This solution will be optimal for sites that enter the market with impressive product catalogs. This includes retail and online stores, as well as product aggregators. Such an advertisement will be displayed to customers who are looking for specific products and also compare prices to choose the most attractive solution for themselves.
- App campaigns, namely campaigns for applications. In this case, we are talking about advertising campaigns that, using Google resources, be it Google Play, Google Search, recommendations in Google Search, media networks, including YouTube, want to convey information to users about their software products. Here, users will be able to reach a fairly impressive target audience with the help of partners, videos, text ads and other advertising tools. A campaign for applications is developed based on user interests, their behavioral factors, demographic characteristics, etc. That is, you choose which audience will be interested in your products or services. And to do this, you need to form a portrait of your target audience as accurately and correctly as possible.
Now that you know what types of advertising campaigns from Google Ads you can use in practice, you can move on to a more detailed acquaintance with the operating features of this service. Let us note once again that we have indicated only the most common and popular solutions today, while Google Ads offers many more types of campaigns that you can use in practice.
Features of Google Ads
Now that you have already decided which advertising campaign from Google Ads will be the most effective and convenient for you, you can move on to getting acquainted with the features of managing these same companies. This can be done directly from your advertising account, which is easy and quick to create, especially if you already have a regular Google account. So, in the future, through your advertising account you will be able to:
- set budgets, make bets that suit you;
- get acquainted with detailed analytics, as well as reports on all launched ads;
- make changes to the advertising campaign in order to increase its effectiveness.
That is, just one tool will allow you to significantly increase the efficiency of all work associated with launching different types of advertising. But before moving on to work, you still need to have a good understanding of the key principles of the Google Ads service and basic tools:
- Quality rating.
- Bids in Google Ads.
- Audience targeting.
Will look at each of these aspects in more detail.
Auctions in Google Ads
The Google search engine identifies advertising space and distributes it among advertisers who want to launch a campaign in the same niche or for the same type of keywords. This happens in the following sequence:
- the user enters a corresponding search query or opens an Internet page with advertising;
- based on the entered phrase, Google Ads immediately selects all these advertisements that are built on its basis;
- the system automatically generates a list and removes from it those phrases that, according to a number of criteria, do not correspond to the client’s requests, in particular by country, violation of rules, etc.;
- all advertisements that remain in the list are additionally ranked by quality rating;
- The user is shown advertisements whose quality will be higher than others.
This whole process takes the system literally a few fractions of a second. That is why advertisements are loaded on the search results page simultaneously with the main section.
An indicator such as the ad quality rating is used by Google Ads to determine the effectiveness of the company you launched, as well as the landing page. The score is assigned in the range from 1 to 10. Based on it, the system determines whether the advertisement will be displayed on the search results page as a whole and what place it will occupy among other advertisements.
To determine this rating, Google Ads uses:
- quality of content on the landing page and the ad itself;
- the bid that the advertiser made when launching his company at the auction;
- the number of competitors for the active bid at the auction at a given time;
- minimum ad rating, which is determined in accordance with the basic requirements of the Google system;
- the type of requests that users make, the device from which these actions are performed and its location;
- the presence of additional parameters in the ad, in particular phone numbers, direct links to other pages of the site, etc.
The higher the final rating of your advertisement, the more significant impact it will have on the auction results. As a result, this will help ensure that your ads will be at the top of the search results, leaving your competitors far behind.
We have already mentioned above that all advertisers who want to launch their advertising in Google Ads submit applications for the auction. This is where the delivery is indicated, namely the price that you are willing to pay for each targeted action that the user will perform regarding your ad. In this case, we are talking not only about search results, but also about all the ads that will be displayed on Google platforms. Often, a click is used as a determining parameter. That is, you will only be charged for ad impressions if the user completes the conversion. This is not only convenient to use, as it eliminates overpayments, but also greatly simplifies the calculation of statistics and advertising effectiveness in general.
Today Google Ads uses 5 types of bids, each of which is designed to achieve a particular goal:
- Cost per Click/CPC. This is the most common solution and requires that you be charged for each click on your ad. Such a solution is launched by an advertiser who would like to attract more traffic to his resource.
- Cost per Action/CPA. Here advertising will be charged for performing any targeted action. This type of bid is worth using for those who expect to increase conversion with the help of an advertising campaign.
- Cost per Thousand Impressions (CPM). In this case, payment will be charged for every thousand impressions of the advertisement, regardless of whether it was clicked on or not. Such a solution will be optimal for those who set themselves the task of improving brand awareness and increasing the visibility of advertising on the Internet.
- Return on Ad Spend/ROAS. This rate allows you to determine the level of income that the advertiser would like to receive based on the amount that he invested in the campaign itself. That is, with its help you can increase the return on investment.
- Cost per View/CPV. With this bid type, a certain amount will be recorded every time a user watches an advertiser's video ad. The goal here is clear — increase the number of video ad views.
You, as an advertiser, can set bids in Google Ads either manually or automatically. In the first case, you independently set the price that you are willing to pay for the promotion of each keyword, ad group or individual advertisement, and also indicate what specific target action you expect to receive from it for viewing or clicking. Unlike manual bids, the Google Ads system sets automatic bids automatically using unique proprietary algorithms. The main criteria used here are competition, landing page quality rating and ad quality.
As you can see, there are quite a lot of options for setting bids in Google Ads and they depend on different criteria and what exactly you, as an advertiser, want to get in the end. If you are just starting your work with the Google Ads service, experts recommend using automatic bidding, observing what results you get and making additional adjustments based on them. If you already have sufficient experience, then you can proceed directly to setting bets manually.
Targeting the target audience
The functionality of the Google Ads service includes determining when and to whom advertising material should be shown. To do this, the advertiser needs to enter settings so that they are maximally optimized specifically for a specific target audience. That is, you need to have the most detailed portrait of your potential buyers on hand. This way you will significantly increase the effectiveness of your launched advertising.
Key targeting parameters can be used:
- Audience. In this case, the emphasis is placed directly on potential buyers, on their preferences and behavioral factors. The initial criteria here can be used as interest, which allows you to reach the maximum number of potential buyers, or a directly interested category of people who already know what goods they need and are looking for where to purchase them most profitably.
- Email addresses. In this case, we are talking about launching advertising that would encourage potential clients of your company to independently leave you their email for subsequent interaction. This can be implemented through the registration form on the site, through the newsletter, through closed content.
- Remarketing. These advertising settings involve attracting those people who have previously interacted with the brand. These may be former customers, as well as those who left their contact information or showed interest in another way, but never placed an order. That is, in this case we are talking about inducing the audience to take further actions.
- Demographics. In this case, settings for launching advertising are configured based on parameters of the target audience such as age, gender, etc.
Correctly composed semantics — This is the basis for the effectiveness of any advertising campaign. That is, you need to determine a set of key phrases for which your ad will be shown to a potential audience in Google results on partner sites. It is very important that the phrases you choose fully correspond to the product you are advertising. So, as an option, if you sell cosmetics, then you can use the word “cosmetics” as key phrases, optionally adding brands that you have in your catalog.
But the Google Ads service has somewhat complicated the specification of such requests, highlighting several types of matches. Based on them, an ad will be displayed for a particular request:
- Exact match type. In this case, the keyword will exactly match the phrase you entered in the request without any changes. An example of such a request would be “clothes for girls.” with the key phrase “clothes for girls.”
- Phrase match type. Here the keyword will coincide with the request itself, but there may also be additions. As an example, with the keyword “clothes for girls” the request may sound like “clothes for girls inexpensively”, “clothes for girls with delivery” “clothes for girls for the summer.”
- Broad match type. In this case, the request will include the keyword in a diluted, modified form. With the same key phrase “clothes for girls” a request may look like, “buy clothes for a girl,” “winter clothes for a girl,” “low price of clothes for a girl.” etc.
If necessary, you can also use the so-called “minus words”. That is, you write a list of queries for which your advertising will not be displayed. So, for example, if you sell new branded clothes for girls, then the request “used clothes for girls” will or “cheap clothes for girls” you shouldn't be interested. That is, you add these phrases to the “minus words” thereby preventing your ads from being displayed to people who enter them in a search engine.
Why you should choose Google Ads
Among the main advantages of the Google Ads service for launching an advertising campaign, it is worth highlighting:
- The ability to reach a very wide target audience with one ad. This is largely due to the fact that today Google — This is the most popular and in demand search engine all over the world. This system has many affiliate programs. This means that your advertisement will be seen, if not by millions, then by tens, hundreds of thousands of people from different countries of the world. That is, the coverage here will be very wide indeed.
- >The ability to use different settings, increasing the individuality of the launched advertisement. You yourself set the parameters that will best suit your goals and promote your products or services on the market.
- Ability to configure geotargeting. This is especially true for local businesses, because Google advertising tools can quite accurately determine the real location of potential buyers, down to the country, region and even city, which will help increase sales.
- Payment only for results. Thanks to various types of bids and additional settings, you set very precise individual parameters for your campaign, which increases the effectiveness of advertising. In addition, if you set pay per click, you can optimize your advertising budget because payment will only be charged if customers click on the ad.
Evaluating work efficiency
Now that you know what types of advertising campaigns can be launched through Google Ads, have a good understanding of how this service works, how to perform basic settings in order to get maximum efficiency from a launched advertising campaign specifically in your conditions, you can proceed directly to launch of your project. But even after this, your work is not finished. You must constantly monitor the results that your running ad produces in order to make appropriate changes to the settings in a timely manner, thereby increasing the effectiveness of the campaign.
So, to evaluate the results you can use the following metrics:
- Final. This includes the ratio of the cost of conversion CPA, the ratio of profits and expenses ROAS, which allows you to assess the profitability of expenses for a launched company. Another parameter, CPI, allows you to take into account the ratio of expenses to the number of application installations. That is, based on them you can find out how much you, as an advertiser, pay for each installation of your product.
- Quality. Qualitative metrics include the quality rating itself, which determines whether your ad meets basic requirements on a scale of 1 to 10. The quality of the landing page is also assessed based on user impressions. Also measured on a scale from 1 to 10. Expected CTR, that is, the number of clicks on your ad. The last quality parameter — relevance of advertising, that is, its compliance with user requests. Measured on a ten-point scale.
- Intermediate, they are also indirect. There are 3 separate groups of metrics here. Thus, CPC and CPM determine the cost per click and the cost of 1000 impressions. CTR is determined by the ratio of clicks and impressions as a percentage. The BLIS parameter determines the total number of lost impressions due to the budget to the total number of possible impressions (as a percentage); RLIS also takes into account these losses, but in view of the ranking of impressions. That is, the last 2 parameters show how many missed impressions in advertisements were due to insufficient budget or low rating.
To choose the most suitable method for assessing the effectiveness of a launched advertising campaign, you need to proceed from the initial strategy, as well as the goals that you set for yourself. So, CTR or CPC — this is the choice of those who track the number of clicks or impressions, CPM — option if you are focused on increasing brand awareness and quality rating. Relevance of advertising — This is a parameter based on which your ad's compliance with basic requirements is determined. That is, in order to really see a clear picture of the effectiveness of your advertising, you need to set the appropriate metrics in Google Ads as correctly as possible.
As you can see, Google Ads – This is a unique advertising platform with which you can not only create effective advertisements for various products or services, but also publish them in Google search results, on partner sites, mobile applications and more. There are a lot of types of advertising campaigns that can be launched today through this service, there are more than 20 of them. This means that you can easily select the option that will be most effective for you and fully meet your expectations. It’s just very important to correctly set all the necessary settings, place the appropriate bids, so that your ad wins the auction and, as a result, ends up in the first positions. Using this service, you can reach a very wide audience, use geotargeting, choose the types of advertising that suit you, and pay exclusively for the results.
But to ensure stable and functional work, use additionally mobile proxies from the MobileProxy.Space service . With their help, you will be able to bypass any regional restrictions, gain access to resources blocked in your region, which will ultimately allow you to assemble the somatic core with the highest quality possible, parse the target audience, and more. With their help, you will ensure a high level of security and stability on the Internet, as well as confidentiality of your actions. We offer you over one and a half million IP-addresses, which you can change yourself via a link from your personal account or set up an automatic change using a timer.
Follow the link https://mobileproxy.space/en/user.html?buyproxy you can learn more about the functionality mobile proxy data, current tariffs, available geolocations. The service also offers the use of built-in services to determine Internet speed, current IP address and more. There is also a 24-hour technical support service at your service, whose specialists will help you solve difficulties that arise when working with mobile proxies and quickly restore stable operation.