Clickbait: what is it and how to improve website ranking without risk
Many SEO-specialists , as well as all those involved in the promotion of Internet resources. In its original concept, we are talking about sensational content, often misleading. Its main task — attract the largest possible flow of the target audience to the site, which will help you earn on conversions, clicks, and even advertising. Such material is presented in more emotional language, and its title often contains intrigue. If you surf the net and see article headlines like “and how did you not think of this before”, “nobody expected such a decision”; or “wow– it's just a sensation”, you know you got clickbait. The creators of such content expect that high-profile titles and the intrigue contained in them will make the user look at the page. But, alas, as practice shows, the subsequent content is no longer so impressive. Moreover, the information contained in it clearly requires more serious verification and evidence base.
Clickbait can be used in practice in a variety of formats. This includes banner ads, ads that pop up in search results, and blog posts. It can be seen wherever there is a concentration of people. That is, the more the audience sees such headlines, the more people will go to the site. This is precisely the goal pursued by the creators of clickbait.
Now let's dwell in more detail on a number of issues related to this technology. The information provided will allow you to decide whether you should use clickbait to attract users to your site. We will also give a number of recommendations, the observance of which will help you accurately fall under the search intent of the user. We will show you how to ensure the most stable and functional work on the network using a product such as dynamic mobile proxies.
Clickbait: good or bad?
The desire to create content that would really attract users to the online resource — absolutely natural and reasonable for every site owner. To accomplish this task, a huge variety of Internet marketing technologies are used, which can provide significant assistance in promoting a particular portal. But you need to understand that not all of them are optimized for SEO promotion.
You also need to understand that modern technologies that search engines use when ranking sites are distinguished by a high level of intelligence. This allows the same Google, Yandex, Opera and other browsers to learn about your resource the maximum possible amount of information. Even if you write a title, tags, a url address that does not display the content of the page, the system will immediately detect such a discrepancy and may simply not index your site or a specific page. And this means that the resource simply will not get into the search results.
Clickbait can also have a negative impact on other aspects related to online business promotion:
- Higher bounce rates. In the event that a person, interested in your high-profile headline, goes to the page, but does not find really useful and relevant information on it, he will simply leave this site as quickly as possible. This means that the bounce rate will go up, which will negatively affect the rating of your company.
- Negative impact on digital PR. We are talking about all public relations of the company, which are implemented using digital tools. In other words, this is the mechanism for promotion in the network, as well as for managing data flows between the company and the target audience. The image of your business directly depends on this parameter. If the audience becomes aware that you are using clickbait headlines, that this will negatively affect the reputation of the brand, and in a fairly long term.
- No backlinks. In the promotion of Internet resources, external optimization plays a huge role, which involves sending links to the site from third-party resources. The higher the authority of the sites in which there are transitions to your portal, the more loyal search bots will look at it, which will positively affect the position in the search results. In turn, clickbait can cause external links to your resource from non-authoritative sites. And this will have a negative impact on the page rating.
Now you just need to evaluate what you get by using clickbait in practice, and what you risk losing. We will not give any recommendations, because everyone makes the decision for himself.
Topical clickbait questions
If you are still wondering whether it is worth using clickbait in practice to promote your own resource, this information will be especially useful for you:
- Is it possible to rank only by keywords and titles? We have already said that the main focus of the clickbake is on the title — it is loud, provocative, attention-grabbing. But you need to understand that the heading with the keyword — this is not the only thing crawlers when checking your page. When determining the site's position in the search results, bots take into account not only the number, but also the quality of visitors. That is, how long they were on the site, whether they found the information they needed. It is also mandatory to evaluate the authority of the page, its rating. This means that if you still manage to attract a large number of people to the site with loud headlines, even if they visit you daily, then this will not have an effect in the search results if they leave quickly, if the content written on the page does not match url and title. A lot of “ifs”, but there will be no effect. What's more, your rating will drop rapidly from this.
- How to avoid clickbait? The name of the page, its url-address — this is what attracts the main attention of the target audience. And even if you do not plan to use this technology in practice, you still need to come up with a catchy name. But at the same time, it is very important to make sure that the content of the content posted on the site fully displays the title, url pages, and is also as useful as possible for the target audience. The formula when the name attracts and the content keeps people on the site — ideal for effective promotion. This decision will be appreciated by both users and search engine bots, which will definitely have a positive impact on the position of your resource in the search results.
- What is the best title for SEO? It is important here that the title itself, its tags, and the content of the page are built with SEO in mind. Initially, it is necessary to form a semantic core, highlight the most high-frequency target queries and already use them when compiling a headline and writing tags. Also, such requests should become the basis of all content posted on the page. Here, the optimal solution would be to use a high-frequency base and bind low-frequency tails to it.
Adhering to these recommendations, you can avoid clickbait, but at the same time create a title, tags and the page itself, which would be excellently ranked by the search engine and would be as useful as possible for representatives of the target audience.
Taking into account the user's search intent
Any person who enters a particular query in a search engine does this in order to find the information he needs, a product or service. And the purpose of your content — satisfy user intent. This can only be ensured if they are taken into account when writing content. So, today there are 4 separate categories of user intentions in the process of Internet search:
- Navigation. This intent assumes that the user already knows the specific website they would like to visit. In this case, the name of a particular resource must be entered. For example “Lidl Germany official website”. In this case, the main task of your advertising department is to increase the awareness of your brand. The launch of targeted advertising on branded keywords will greatly help in this.
- Informational. In this case, we are talking about the search for users of this or that information on a given topic. Often in this case, questions such as “what clothes will be fashionable in the summer 2023 season”, “How to cook a salmon tart”, “how to remove a grass stain on clothes” are asked. etc. Already from the requests themselves it is clear that the user is interested in information. Videos, detailed descriptions, lists of recommendations will be useful here. In this case, you should create the highest quality and informative content that would be really useful to the user. Then he will not leave your site quickly, but will take note of the available information.
- Commercial. This intention is typical for people who want to make a purchase of a product or service. In this case, there may be both commercial and information requests. The latter are aimed at making a choice. Here is a variant of a similar query “which coffee machine is better than Delonghi or Philips”, “which mattress is more comfortable: with independent or dependent springs”, “linen or cotton for a summer dress” etc. You, as the owner of the resource, need to take into account such requests and offer the target audience comparative articles and reviews, as well as guides for choosing a particular product or service.
- Transactional. Here, user requests will already contain such words that will indicate their readiness to buy a product or order a service. Using the example of the requests discussed in the paragraph above, in this case it will look like this: "buy a Delonghi coffee machine", "buy a mattress with independent springs", "buy a linen dress". This means that a person is looking for the most advantageous offer for himself, both in terms of quality and price. In this case, you need to target these phrases, using SEO content that would most effectively present the distinctive features of your business. You can also use ads here, because a warmed-up audience will be quite receptive to loud advertising. But most importantly, do not allow empty clickbait — the landing page of your resource should fully reflect what is presented in the ad>
How to increase the effectiveness of promoting a business on the Internet?
It is possible to increase the effectiveness of promoting any online business only if you reach the widest possible target audience. The more people learn about your products, services, the more they go to the site, place an order, the more impressive you will make a profit. How to organize this in practice with minimal time, effort and investment? Use different channels to attract traffic, including multi-accounting. That's just the simultaneous work with different pages on social networks, bulletin boards from one IP-address will be suppressed by search engines. Your pages will simply be blocked and all the efforts made will come to “no”.
To prevent this and ensure maximum coverage of the target audience without risks, additionally connect mobile proxies from the MobileProxy.Space service to work. In this case, you get a reliable solution that will provide not only the ability to work in multi-threaded mode, but also absolute confidentiality, security of online activities, the ability to bypass regional blocking to gain access to sites from any country in the world. Follow the link https://mobileproxy.space/en/user.html?buyproxy to learn more about mobile proxy functionality , as well as current rates.
Among the distinctive features of the products of the MobileProxy.Space service, we highlight:
- Giving each user access to more than a million pool of IP-addresses;
- selection of a personal channel with unlimited traffic;
- the ability to configure automatic change of IP-address by timer in the range from 2 minutes to 1 hour;
- the ability to change the address forcibly using a link from your personal account;
- simultaneous work using HTTP(S) and Socks5 protocols;
- the ability to choose the optimal GEO and mobile network operator in the workflow;
- 24/7 technical support;
- 2-hour proxy testing before purchase.
Also, using the services of the MobileProxy.Space service, you can check the Internet speed, the port for availability, your active IP-address for free etc.