SEO at the site creation stage: advantages, features, methods of implementation
Today, almost every business has its own online presence. On its website, the company posts detailed information about its activities, products and services provided, interacts with the audience, and provides useful information. But the very process of creating an Internet resource that will bring traffic — not as simple as it might seem at first glance. It often happens that errors are discovered that prevent a site from occupying a leading position in search results.
It turns out that the resource is simply not ready for comprehensive promotion. And then there will be quite a long and painstaking work ahead. It will be necessary to identify these errors and eliminate them. Often, a new collection of semantics and its implementation in text content may be required. In the end, it turns out that you wasted a lot of time and effort when initially creating the site, wasted time in vain, because your resource never ended up at the top of the search results for relevant queries.
So what should you do to avoid this? The most effective and reliable solution — using SEO optimization tools directly at the site development stage. Now let’s look at the advantages of such a solution in more detail, and also provide step-by-step instructions that will allow you to optimize your resource directly at the stage of its development. After studying the presented material, you will be able to create a website from scratch that will be at the top of the search results in the shortest possible time. It will attract a large number of target audiences, which will ultimately have a positive impact on the development of your business and increase its profitability.
Why should a website be optimized already at the stage of its development?
Everyone who decides to optimize a website in parallel with its development will be able to personally verify the correctness of the decision made. Judge for yourself:
- Tangible savings in material resources. You spend money on resource development one time. In the future, you will not need to rework it, supplement it, improve it, or make changes to the structure. From the very beginning, you create a website the way it should be for both search bots and people. Moreover, your investment will pay off much faster, because the result from launching the portal will be faster: people will see it, log in, order goods or services.
- Optimal structure created taking into account SEO requirements. Changing the structure of the site after its launch on the market – this is a rather complex and lengthy procedure that can negatively affect traffic, lead to the loss of pages that have already been indexed by search bots. We also must not forget that often expanding the resource structure entails the need to use another server. And this, in turn, is also an additional waste of time, effort, and money. If you take SEO into account when creating the structure of your website from scratch, you will initially receive a product with high search potential, which will not need to be altered, supplemented or improved — it will start working literally immediately after its launch.
- The fastest possible result. Carrying out work to optimize the site even at the stage of its development — This is something that can also significantly save your time on bringing a resource to the TOP, increase profits, and minimize the payback period. Websites created as professionally as possible, taking into account all the requirements of search engines, will be indexed faster. They will receive better ratings from search bots, which will contribute to natural promotion to the top of search results.
All these advantages allow us to say with confidence that the use of SEO optimization techniques and technologies directly at the stage of website creation — it is profitable, convenient, reliable. Yes, these works will require enough time, effort, professional knowledge and skills from you. But the advantage will be that all this will not be spent in vain. Moreover, using our recommendations, you will be able to complete this work as quickly and correctly as possible. So let's get started.
Step-by-step instructions for SEO optimization of a website at the stage of its development
In this case, we are talking about the fact that you are already initially creating a website that will fully comply with the current requirements of search engines. In addition, such a resource will be as convenient and useful as possible for the target audience. People will be able to access it literally immediately after launch, easily and simply finding the information, goods or services they need.
In order for your idea to fully meet expectations, you need to complete the following work step by step:
- Analyze competitors and the niche as a whole.
- Collect a semantic core.
- Develop the site structure.
- Perform internal optimization.
- Provide technical SEO promotion.
Now let's look in more detail at how to implement each of these five stages in practice.
Analyze the niche and competitors
This work is necessary so that you can have a good understanding of which companies in your segment operate on the market today, how exactly they attract the audience, which products are in the highest demand, etc. You can use the information received for your own resource , thereby focusing on proven solutions and excluding those that have proven to be ineffective.
That is, at this stage it is determined:
- your company’s position in the market as a whole;
- quality and quantity of direct competitors;
- the presence of seasonality for goods or services, if such is provided;
- mistakes your competitors made: you can easily turn them into your own advantages.
Alternatively, you can see those key queries that your competitors missed, thereby eliminating a number of pages that could rank for them. In addition, at this stage you identify factors that had a positive impact on the successful promotion of competitors’ resources and will be able to take advantage of them.
That is, the main task at this stage is to identify competitors, their strengths and weaknesses, as well as to conduct a comprehensive analysis with appropriate conclusions, which will subsequently be implemented on your website. This is exactly the basis on which the entire subsequent strategy for the development and promotion of the site will be built.
Semantic core — this is what the entire process of creating Internet resources is based on. It is based on the queries that will be included in it that the system determines what topic your resource is dedicated to. They will be used by people interested in your products or services to go to your website. How your website as a whole will be displayed in search engines depends on the semantic core. Based on it, you will plan the future filling of the resource with content: one that will fully meet the needs of the target audience and will be well received by search bots.
The semantic core should display the company’s activities and consist of queries similar to those entered by people who are looking for relevant goods or services. Request data is often collected automatically using specialized services. This takes into account search results, competitor sites, and behavioral factors of the target audience.
Once you have the semantic core at your disposal, you will need to perform clustering. We are talking about distributing the received phrases into separate groups depending on their meaning and focus. This is a very important stage that requires special attention from specialists. If you make mistakes on it, it may turn out that your site’s bounce rate will increase sharply. And this will lead to a lower position in the search results. That is, if a person would like to buy a scooter, and you offer him an article on how to repair these same scooters, then most likely he will simply leave your site without even studying the material, because at this moment in time he is not at all interested in it.
Development of website structure
The concept of site structure means the hierarchical organization of a resource, including the placement of all its pages, as well as their mutual relationship with each other. This point is very important both from the audience and search bots. In the first case, the correct relationship of pages will allow users to easily and quickly find the information they need, rather than literally moving around the site blindly. This will have a positive impact on the level of satisfaction and will encourage them to return to your resource again and recommend it to their friends.
If we talk about search bots, then the correct structure of the resource – this is what will allow them to work as efficiently as possible, index the right pages, which will ultimately have a positive impact on the ranking of the site as a whole and its position in search results for certain queries.
Correct site structure — this:
- proper placement of the menu and all sections;
- thoughtful breakdown of products into main categories and subcategories;
- logical sequence of blocks containing information material.
So-called smart maps are often used to develop such a structure. This is what allows you to visualize all the information, laying it out taking into account the hierarchy.
We perform internal SEO optimization of the site
All the activities that will be carried out at this stage are designed to initially form the pages of your site so that they are relevant to user requests. Thanks to this, the position of resources in search results will be higher. To put all this into practice, you need to perform a fairly impressive range of work:
- Creating the structure of the page itself and its headings. These are also the parameters that will be evaluated by search bots when analyzing your page. They must necessarily contain the main key queries, because it is on them that the search results will be based.
- Writing metadata for each of the site pages. In this case we are talking about compiling Title, Description. These are exactly the parameters that the search bot will study at the stage of indexing your pages in order to understand what kind of material is presented on them. Therefore, you need to make them as accurate, high-quality and fully consistent with the material presented on the page as possible. This is the guarantee that your site will be in the top positions in search results.
- Filling the resource with content. The material presented on the site pages should be aimed not only at search bots, but also at ordinary users. People who visit your website want to find information, products, and services that interest them. And a set of key phrases — This is absolutely not what they are inclined to see on the site. Therefore, it is important for you to create material that is useful, easy to read, relevant, and can answer the “pain” of your life. client. Particular attention should be paid to its structure, and division into thematic blocks should be provided. If your website is dedicated to selling goods or services, then in this case it would be useful to provide a separate blog section. Here you can post material that will be interesting and useful for the audience and will be able to maintain their interest in your resource at a fairly high level. Just don’t forget to publish articles on his pages with some regularity.
- Work on filtering pages. In this case, we are talking about those pages that appear in the search results for each category in response to queries entered by users. If you make them as high quality as possible, this will increase the visibility of the site as a whole for bots, which in turn will lead to promotion to the top of search results and an increase in organic traffic. The last aspect — this is what everyone strives for when creating a website. Basically, optimization of such pages is carried out by introducing medium and low frequency keywords into the content. They have a more positive impact on users, reduce the failure rate, and increase trust in the resource. Pay special attention to these works, because you are dealing with pages that actually generate organic traffic to the site.
- Think over the structure of the internal forging. This is necessary in order to improve navigation between different pages of your site, as well as show search bots exactly how your resource is structured. Thanks to the correct implementation of such work, you can improve the relevance of pages, that is, increase traffic, make indexing faster and more efficient. Linking will also be useful for ordinary users, because they will be able to find not only basic information for themselves, but also related data that will also be of interest to them.
- Tailoring the site to basic requirements and metrics. This is necessary in order to increase the level of comfort for users when working with the site. Moreover, search bots will also pay attention to these parameters, determining how well your site meets the specified requirements. These categories include site loading speed, time users spend on the site, and bounce rate. Thus, modern users are not used to waiting: they want to get the information they need literally here and now. This means that if your site takes a long time to load, they will simply close it and go look for information on another resource. It is optimal that the waiting time does not exceed 2 seconds. A parameter such as time spent on the site indicates how interested a person is in the information presented: the longer he stays, the higher the level of audience satisfaction will be according to the settings of search bots. Rejection rate – This is a parameter indicating that a person did not find the information he needed on the resource and simply left the site. It is optimal to strive to ensure that the failure rate on your resource is no more than 70%. Otherwise, there is no need to talk about the quality of the resource as such. That is, these works are initially aimed at increasing the satisfaction of users directly. But they will also have a direct impact on the attitude of search bots towards your resource. Figuratively speaking, this is what will work for the ranking of your site.
- Adaptation of the site for use on mobile devices. Statistics show that every day the number of people who access the Internet from mobile devices is constantly increasing. This means that if you want to reach the maximum target audience, you need to target users of smartphones and tablets. That is, your resource should be displayed correctly and be convenient to use. Otherwise, users will simply go looking for other solutions. The need to create a mobile version of a resource is also well known to search bots. This means that they index such resources much faster and assign them higher positions in search results.
- Configuring analytics services. Creation of a high-quality and informative resource — this is what you should basically strive for. But how do you know that you have done all the work correctly and that it is producing the expected result? The only solution here is — performance monitoring. And it is performed using specialized services. Alternatively, you can use Google Analytics to track the number of visits and check your customer satisfaction levels. Such services work automatically after basic settings, not only collecting data, but also structuring it. As a result, all you have to do is conduct a comparative analysis to see which of the decisions you have made have worked well in practice, and where adjustments and improvements need to be made.
Once again we would like to draw your attention to the fact that as part of internal website optimization you have to perform a fairly impressive amount of work. But they are all very important and will play a key role in the subsequent promotion of your site. This means that their implementation must be approached as comprehensively and professionally as possible. You may spend a lot of time and effort at this stage, but the results will not keep you waiting. In addition, you will be able to avoid subsequent modifications, which will save not only time, but also money.
We are working on technical SEO promotion of the site
At this stage, the SEO specialist already understands in detail what the future site should be like and has an impressive base of developments. And here the final tasks of creating a functional and easy-to-use Internet resource are already being completed. That is, the SEO specialist needs to transfer to the developer a list of technical rules and standards, on the basis of which the subsequent construction of the site will be carried out. These may include:
- Creating a link for a page. This is the URL that will indicate the user's path. That is, it is necessary to make it as understandable and descriptive as possible for humans. Often it consists of a main key that reflects the essence of the page.
- Creation of graphic content. These works need to be given almost as much attention as filling the resource with texts. At this stage, it is important to select not only the idea itself, but also pay attention to the technical characteristics. So, it is optimal to choose pictures in such formats as WebP or AVIF. If necessary, they will provide an average of 25-35% image compression, while JPEG or PNG formats should be used as backup. In some cases, it is optimal to use video content if it suits the specifics of your resource. It is also important to understand that all the pictures that you place on the page must be of high quality, because they will have a direct impact on users’ perception of the site’s content as a whole. Don’t forget about their adaptability: the photo should be displayed correctly on any device. It is also mandatory to specify alt and title attributes for images using keywords.
- Setting up pagination pages for their correct indexing in the future. In this case, we are talking about dividing all the content of your website, including from the product catalog, into separate pages in order to organize simple and maximum logical navigation. This will make it easier and more convenient for users to work with a large number of products and pages. In addition, they will be more convenient for search engines during the indexing process, which will ultimately have a positive effect on traffic levels. At this stage, it is important to make sure that links to all pagination pages are indicated in the html code.
- Generating the file robots.txt. This is a kind of pointer for search bots. In particular, it will contain information about which pages should be indexed and which should not. Work done correctly — a guarantee that the system will scan the right pages, that is, those that will have a positive impact on promoting your resource and increasing traffic to it.
- Setting up a redirect. In this case, we are talking about redirecting users from one address to another in order to provide the user with access to the most relevant material. With the help of a redirect, the appearance of duplicates on the site and the connection of domains are eliminated. In this case, the existing link mass is preserved even if the page address changes. Redirect plays an important role in ensuring stable traffic to the site, so it is not recommended to neglect these features.
- Formation of HTTP headers. And here it will contain additional data both about the site itself and about search queries. In particular, key data transfer parameters – these are content type, caching, encoding, security settings, etc. Correctly implemented work will speed up not only the process of indexing pages, but also the speed of their loading for users. In addition, the search results will always display the date the page was last updated. This in itself will indicate ongoing work and up-to-date information, which will also help improve the resource’s position in search results.
- Creating an xml sitemap. This is a kind of site navigator that search bots will use to find all the pages that need to be crawled. Here, special attention must be paid to the correct setting of all URLs. It is also necessary to ensure that search bots have access to your map directly through robots.txt or Google Search Console.
- Adding the rel="canonical" tag. This will allow you to avoid duplicates in the future. All those pages on which it will be registered will be considered by search bots to be the main ones in the indexing process. They will be displayed in the results of organic search results, and they will be linked to from other pages of your site.
- Distribution of micro markup across the site. It involves adding structured data, which will allow search engines to better understand what kind of content is posted on a particular page. As a result, recognition of text, images and other elements present on your page is improved by comparison with other types of data. This is very important, because with all their technology, search bots still have not learned to determine the meaning of content as correctly as possible. That is why it is worth using micro markup to highlight the most important elements of your site, allowing the system to redirect users to them.
- Creating a 404 page. This will tell search bots that the page is unavailable, which means that it is not worth indexing. This will save search engine resources and improve user experience.
We have provided information that clearly shows the need to implement SEO optimization directly at the site development stage. And this is exactly the solution that will allow you to create a truly functional and easy-to-use resource with minimal waste of time, effort, and money. In addition, you will immediately receive a website that will be highly rated by both search bots and real users, and will quickly appear at the top of search results, that is, it will work and generate income for you.
But at the same time, we would like to draw your attention once again to the fact that all work related to SEO optimization — quite painstaking and time-consuming. And here diligence and patience alone cannot do it. You can significantly simplify the implementation of upcoming tasks by using automated services for collecting data and structuring it. In addition, to form semantics and get to know your competitors, you may need access to sites that currently do not work in your region or country.
The additional use of mobile proxies from the MobileProxy.Space service will help to ensure all this without risks, and not to run into a ban or other restrictions from the system. Follow the link https://mobileproxy.space/en/user.html?buyproxy to learn more about this solution, its opportunities, current tariffs. If necessary, you can also contact technical support to solve problems and difficulties in working with mobile proxies if you encounter them in practice.